Tricked Trout


Yesterday I made an impulsive decision and beat tracks to the Little Lehigh for an afternoon of easy fishing. It was easier than expected too, as it seems that they've recently dumped a number of heavy stockers into the stretch by the wall near the hatchery. But hell, I'll take dumb trout over household chores any day.

And being the occasionally intelligent sort who knows a good thing when he catches it, I made a return trip today. I did even better, with probably ten fish landed and plenty of others missed or let loose a long way from shore.

The highlight was a solid 17-incher pulled from the bottom on a Stonefly - Barr Emerger rig. She was a beaut, though you'll have to take my word for it as I wasn't able to take a picture.

I did snap a shot of perhaps the oddest thing I've ever come across on a stream's bank though. I'm not sure what a bowling pin is doing in a river, but it made for a handy spot to stash a fly as I tied on a new trailing nymph.

Labels: , , ,

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment





blogger hit counter

© 2008 Tricked Trout | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.