Tricked Trout


Progress Report #1

Last winter was the first time I ever made a consistent and concerted effort to tie my own flies. I've stopped and started the hobby a half-dozen times in the last fifteen years, but last year I decided I would really get into it. I got more gear, put together a portable tying kit and put some serious time in practicing techniques. And it paid off too. Last spring I caught my first trout on a fly I tied myself.

This winter has been much more productive than last. And lately, I've decided I'll fill a box. Here's the start:



Rest assured I've tied many more than this, but there is a plan for this box and these are the ones that fit that plan.

Labels: ,

1 Responses to “”

  1. # Blogger Stebe

    As with most anglers, I prefer to catch trout on dry flies. And yet, irony sees fit to make me a much better tyer of nymphs. I take what I can get and so I tie more for sub-surface than anything.  

Post a Comment





blogger hit counter

© 2008 Tricked Trout | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.